Saturday 6 March 2010

Another trip along the tow path

Pedometer said: 13.28 miles, 3 hours 44 minutes, average 3.56 mph
GPS said: 21.1 km (13.11 mi), average speed 5.6 km/h (3.51 mph)
Soundtrack (chosen by iPod): Deadwing, Magical Mystery Tour, IV (Led Zeppelin, not Peter Gabriel), Plant & Krauss 2008-06-13, Candlelight In Fog

This was the same route as last time, it's only shorter because the pedometer can at best be no more accurate than +/- 0.4 mi over that distance. I'm going to take the GPS as gospel.

Dry this time, although that wind was a bit harsh coming along the Trent Valley. The slippy bits from last time were still slippy, although less so. For whatever reason the feet came off worse this time, my soles ached until this afternoon and I have a decent blister on my right heel. I think they got soft over the winter and need to be punished.

I also came to a decision. I complain at work when people don't use SI and I sometimes experience mild irritation that road signs in this country still use yards and miles. So, to be consistent and because that's what the GPS defaulted to, I'm now measuring my walking using metric.

No comments:

Post a Comment