Monday 15 March 2010

Another Sunday on the Chase

Time: 3 hours, 14 minutes
Distance: 16.7 km (10.38 mi)
Average speed: 5.15 km/h (3.21 mph)

Started a little later than usual, I didn't get to Chase Road Corner until twenty past eight. I was the third car there and as I was putting my boots on I could see the cyclists going past.

The route was a typical pick-a-direction-and-keep-wandering-until-it's-time-to-head-back-to-the-car one. I headed off past the German cemetary then on towards Brindley Heath. There was lots of dogs barking around near Broadhurst Green, so I guess the dog sledders were out in force, although I didn't actually see them. On Brindley Heath itself was where it started to become populated.

I went around Brindley Heath, then past the Visitor Centre (lots of cars parked) and on up to Fairoak Lodge. Across to Penkridge Bank then past the Rifle Range buildings, where the cadets were on parade. I followed the ridge overlooking the Sherbrook Valley (cold wind!), then down into the valley itself to come to the Stepping Stones. There was a large group of grey-haired walkers sipping from their thermos's at the picnic table.

Up Coppice Hill, then back to the car park.

The weather has picked up these last two weeks. No need for hat or gloves, and it was quite mild when out of the wind. When exposed, however, it was definitely one of those lazy winds.

I didn't take the pedometer on that trip, although now I wish I had. I'd liked to have compare the distance as I don't think the GPS credits me with the distance going up and down, I think it just logs it as the crow flies.

Maybe I should find somewhere to post the .gpx file.

No comments:

Post a Comment