Sunday 18 April 2010

A Short Walk On The Chase

Distance: 11.2 km (6.96 mi)
Time: 2 hours 17
Average speed: 4.88 km/h (3.05 mph)

Just a two hour walk this morning. I started a little after 8 am, when the Sun had had a chance to take the chill off. I didn't see a cloud at all.

From Chase Road Corner, I went to Spring Slade Lodge, past the military cemetery, onto Brindley Heath for a wander then past the Visitor Centre to Fairoak Lodge, the Rifle Range and back to the car park.

Beautiful blue sky, and I haven't seen a contrail in days. In fact, until three light aircraft flew over me as I was coming up from Sherbrook Valley, I hadn't seen any trace of powered flight in days.

No deer to be seen, but plenty of rabbits, crows and one woodpecker. Plus a cuckoo I couldn't see but could hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment