Sunday 20 June 2010

The Wrekin and The Ercall

Distance: 8.24 km (5.12 mi)
Time: 2 hours
Average speed: 4.12 km/h (2.56 mph)
Time to trig point: 32 minutes 42 seconds

Beautiful morning. Some clouds away to the north and east but none over the Wrekin itself.

In anticipation of nicer weather I'd been looking for a better way of carrying water around. Normally I have a litre bottle in my backpack, but I wanted something I could carry around outside the backpack and also when I didn't have the backpack at all. I tried a 0.75 l bottle with a hook to attach to my belt but that just bounced around at my waist and tended to pull my trousers down. I ended up holding on to it all the time. Instead I've gone for a bladder-and-hose thing I can drink from without taking the backpack off, and just carrying the 0.75 l bottle when I don't have the backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment